citizenship servicesAmong the most prominent of the services immigration attorney Susan Han offers are citizenship services, which include a range of issues regarding acquiring U.S. citizenship as well as naturalization. Ms. Han knows how important it is to feel that you can be a fully contributing member of this country by becoming a U.S. citizen. Whether you are eligible to obtain a Certificate of Citizenship or to apply for a Certificate of Naturalization, Ms. Han can help.

The Difference Between a Certificate of Citizenship and a Certificate of Naturalization

To properly understand the U.S. citizenship services offered by Ms. Han, it is worth exploring the difference between obtaining a Certificate of Citizenship and a Certificate of Naturalization. Keep in mind that there are more similarities than differences between the two. Both certificates show that you are a U.S. citizen with all of the rights included therein. The differences mainly involve the following:

A Certificate of Citizenship is given to individuals who were not born in the U.S. but whose parents are U.S. citizens. In other words, your status as a U.S. citizen is derived from the fact that one or both of your parents are U.S. citizens. 

A Consular Report of Birth Abroad and a U.S. passport are also evidence of a child’s U.S. citizenship that must be applied for at the U.S State Department.

A Certificate of Naturalization is given to individuals who become U.S. citizens through the naturalization process. This process is managed through the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service, which is a part of the Department of Homeland Security. There are several specific requirements individuals who are born abroad must meet to be eligible for a Certificate of Naturalization. You can discuss these in detail when you consult with Ms. Han.

If you have questions about your eligibility or are interested in learning more about the process of applying for either of these certificates, contact us online or at 410.599.3100.

U.S. Citizenship Services

The first step in acquiring either of the above certificates is to determine your eligibility, which Ms. Han will do by analyzing your case. Ms. Han will provide legal advice and then submit the application representing you before USCIS.

Once your application and all of the necessary documentation has been submitted, you will be asked to attend an interview and demonstrate that you understand the basics of U.S. civics, and will be required to take an English test. You will be asked to verify that you are of “good moral character” and have not, for instance, committed certain types of crimes.

Once this process is completed and your application is approved, you will be asked to take the Oath of Allegiance to America. After that point, you will be given your Certificate of Naturalization.

Contact Immigration Lawyer Susan Han to Learn More about U.S. Citizenship Services

Immigration attorney Susan Han can help you at every step of the way along this journey. We have spent years helping our clients navigate the immigration process and have been instrumental in giving foreign nationals the tools they need to gain U.S. citizenship. Contact Susan Han by calling 410.599.3100 or emailing [email protected].