consular processing Once your immigrant petition has been approved, there are two ways to move forward in your application for lawful permanent residence status (a green card). If you are already in the United States, you may use a procedure called “adjustment of status,” which we discuss in detail elsewhere on this site. If you are outside of the U.S., you must use a procedure called “consular processing.” This procedure involves applying at a U.S Department of State consulate on foreign soil so that you can enter the United States on an immigrant visa to obtain your lawful permanent resident status.

If you or someone close to you wishes to achieve lawful permanent resident status through consular processing, Susan Han can help. Contact us today online or by calling 410.599.3100.

Consular Processing

There are several steps you must go through to successfully immigrate to the United States using the consular processing method. Each of these steps — and any unforeseen circumstances that arise — are made easier and more straightforward when you engage Susan Han to represent you.

Am I Eligible to Apply for a Green Card Using Consular Processing?

You can take advantage of the consular processing option if you fit the following profile:

  • You are physically outside of the United States or are planning on leaving to apply for an immigrant visa from outside of the U.S.
  • You are eligible for an immigrant visa because you have an approved petition filed by a U.S. employer or a family member, among other ways.

Contact immigration attorney Susan Han to assist you with the consular processing process.

Reach Out to Immigration Attorney Susan Han, Esq. to Learn More About Consular Processing

Consular processing is the method of obtaining an immigrant visa for many immigrants to the United States. Susan Han can provide the legal advice necessary to provide the necessary documentation for a smooth process. How you apply for a green card depends entirely upon your circumstances, and Ms. Han is happy to help you determine which method is right for you.

If you are considering applying for a green card or sponsoring someone abroad who is applying for one, it is worth exploring the consular processing option. Susan Han can help. Contact us online today or call 410.599.3100 to learn more.